Twilight Paddle Tours
What are Louisiana swamps and bayous like at night? What sounds do you hear? What can you see? What is it like to paddle through open ponds and marshes or down a maze of bayous, with the moon overhead and surrounded by a symphony of night sounds? Every sense will be strained to absorb as much of the experience as possible. At night, swamps are alive with sounds of its inhabitants. Sometimes reflective orange-red eyes can be seen – alligators!!
Average Group Size
Kayaks & Canoes
- 3-4 hour tour
- Max tour size of just 16 paddlers for a small more intimate outdoor experience
- Choose between kayaks or canoes
- Can be scheduled by request - contact us if the date you want is not listed
- Transportation may be available from New Orleans depending on the date
- Meeting time and take-out vary according to sunset
- Relaxed paddling pace
+ What We Bring
- Louisiana Master Naturalist guides
- Canoes and kayaks, paddles, life-vest
- Waterproof cases to protect phones
- A unique experience in a natural Louisiana swamp
+ What You Bring
- Evening meal & drinks (optional)
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
+ Price for Twilight Paddles
- $59 for adults, $49 for children
- Save $15 off each paddler when you bring your own canoe
- Children between 6 and 10 years old can be added to canoes as a passenger for just $10
Our meeting time and take-out will vary according to sunset. Generally we launch 2 hours before sunset and return about 1.5 after sunset. Driving directions to the launch will be emailed once your reservation is complete.
Travel time to all launch sites is about 35 minutes from New Orleans. Round Trip Shuttle may be available depending on the date.
Please do not rely on Uber or Taxis as the fees will be high and the return trip is not reliable.