Taste of the Bayou Tour - 2.5 hour tour
Average Group Size
This tour is perfect for those with a more limited time but still looking for some adventure.
Guided by Louisiana Master Naturalist this tour is packed with the same info as our Full Flavor of the Bayou Kayak Tour in a shorter timeframe.
$59 per paddler – Save 5% when booking a tandem (2 person) kayak
Drive time is about 40 minutes. Round Trip Shuttle Service from New Orleans is available.
Meet your Master Naturalist tour guide, receive your paddling equipment, life jacket, and waterproof case. Get a quick lesson about the area and Eco systems seen during the tour, a safety briefing then we begin our journey into the Louisiana wetlands.
Along the way your guide will stop to give detailed info about the Louisiana’s wetland eco system. Depending on the season wildlife consists of egrets, herons, bald eagles, alligators, turtles, owls and more. Woodpeckers and assorted song birds are seasonal visitors to the cypress trees visible from the bayou.
- 2.5 hours tour time, 4.5 to 5 hours with shuttle
- Limited space tour, always a small group experience
- Drinking water and waterproof cases for phones all included in the tour price
- No paddling experience required
- Paddle tandem and save 5%
+ What We Bring
- Professional & knowledgeable Master Naturalist guides
- Kayaks and paddling equipment
- Waterproof cases for phones or compact cameras
- Waterproof bags for larger items (purses, backpacks, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Rain gear and bug spray, if needed
+ What You Bring
- Comfortable clothing for being active as well as shoes and shorts you don't mind getting a little wet. We highly recommend a hat in warmer months.
- A sense of adventure
- $59 per paddler
- Save 5% when selecting a tandem (2 person) kayak or canoe